Lancashire Boy could be Blinded By Firework
A family from Burnley, Lancashire speak about their terrifying experience the moment their 10-year old was hit in the face by a firework.
It happens every year throughout the country – firework accidents. At a firework’s display event in Burnley 10-year old Tyler Norris-Sayers was standing with his Mum and family behind a safety barrier when the incident happened. The event was organised by The Railway Club in Rosgrove, Lancashire.
Witnesses described a boy being hit in the face by a falling rocket and the boy falling over. His Mum said she heard him cry out and could see fire burning on him. Tyler was taken to local hospital in Blackburn to receive care from an emergency burns unit. However, he then was transferred to Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital. His mother says her son might still lose the site in his right eye.
Photographs posted online by a local Burnley newspaper show Tyler’s face and skin surrounding his right eye burned and swollen. His Mum has been told the skin burns are ‘superficial’ but the damage to the eye is more severe.
In a separate incident, children in Nelson were hurt by fireworks. These accidents also raise the debate about the sale of fireworks to members of the public – in spite of the Tyler Norris-Sayers incident as his was at a public organised event.
Do you know anyone injured by burns or fireworks? They may be entitled to compensation.