How to Make a Successful Work Injury Claim
Personal injury compensation is available to people who have suffered an injury through no fault of their own.
If you have suffered a personal injury that was not your fault, you could be entitled to compensation.
Contact a personal injury solicitor to receive professional legal advice and guidance.
After a successful claim you may receive the full amount of compensation that you are entitled to. There are no legal costs involved because we offer NO WIN NO FEE.
A reputable solicitor, who specialises in accident at work claims, will only accept your claim if he or she feels they are likely to succeed.
In order to make a successful work claim, here are a few guidelines that you should follow when filing a claim for compensation:
1. If there is an accident at work make the incident is logged in an accident book on site. This helps obtain evidence. It may also prevent the same accident from happening in the workplace once the employer investigates.
2. Take a photograph or make a sketch of the scene.
3. If the injuries you have suffered are visible, take a photograph of them.
4. If any of your colleagues were present at the scene of the accident, ask them if they would be comfortable with the idea of providing a witness statement.
5. Keep a record of the dates and times of any appointments that you have attended at your doctor’s surgery or at hospital.
6. Keep a record of any financial losses you have suffered. Or for any medical treatment you have had to pay out of your own pocket.
An important point to keep in mind is that you lawfully cannot lose your job for making a claim for compensation.
The effects a personal injury can have can affect your personal life, working life, and even affect your psychological state of mind and emotions.
As part of your work claim, your solicitor will investigate into how much compensation you are entitled to for ‘general damages’ and ‘special damages’.
General damages is the compensation you are entitled to claim for the pain and suffering the injury has caused you and the injury has affected your day-to-day lifestyle.
Special damages is the compensation you are entitled to claim for if you have suffered any financial losses or ‘out of pocket’ expenses as a direct result of your injury.
Contact us today. Or call for free confidential legal advice about your work claim on 0800 612 7 612.