Had An Accident At Work? We Can Help
As long as you can prove your injury, illness or disease was caused by your employer, PHC Law Ltd can help you to compile your evidence before presenting to third party insurers. Although all personal injury compensation claims are different and can be settled within a very varied timescale, our success rate is 98 per cent.
Accident at work / workplace injuries are usually settled out of court, however, there are occasions where you will be called to give evidence in a court setting.
At PHC Law Ltd. our team of solicitors and lawyers can handle all types of accidents and injuries that occur in the workplace, including burns, lacerations and soft tissue damage, as well as more serious brain or spinal injuries, or even fatal injuries. We also have a dedicated Polish team.
Liability for An Accident at Work
Not sure who is at fault for your accident at work ? This is the time to speak to one of our solicitors to advise you on the best course of action and to sound out your claim, this is no obligation, just fill out the form to the right and we will speak to you soon.
Employers in the UK have a responsibility to protect employees, clients, visitors and contractors from any accident or injury by providing a safe environment to conduct business. They must ensure:
1. They provide workers with the correct tools or machinery to complete their jobs; this must be regularly maintained and safe to use at all times.
2. The workplace is safe, tidy and clean. Workers should have suitable chairs and workstations, with a clean floor and surrounding areas free from any potential hazards. No obstructions to doors and gates.
3. If employees are required to lift heavy objects as part of their job, they must receive training in order to know how to lift safely.
4. Employees should have the appropriate safety gear where needed, including hard hats, goggles, dust masks, ear defenders, safety boots, safety gloves and hi-vis jackets.
The fault of a colleague?
You can also claim for personal injury compensation if your injury or accident was the fault of another staff member, such as in the case of negligence on their part.
Working at heights?
All employees who work regularly at heights are protected by the Work at Height Regulations 2005.
Need compensation claim advice?
Below is a list of some of the most commonly occurring accidents at work that we can help with (injury claims are subject to strict time limits):
- Accidents at work in the Armed Forces
- Assaulted in the workplace
- Construction-related accidents
- Crane-related accidents
- Dangerous machinery accidents
- Dangerous practices and procedures in the workplace
- Fall from a height at work
- Farm accidents
- Fork lift truck accidents
- Needlestick injuries
- Accident on an oil rig
- PPE-related (personal protective equipment)
- Scaffolding accidents
- Workplace manual handling
- Workplace slips, trips and falls
If you or someone you know has had the misfortune to experience an accident or injury at work, including illness or disease, contact the experts at PHC Law Ltd. today – we can provide you with accurate claim information and advice on your next step.