Start Your Claim
Nameyour full name
Telephone Number
InformationPlease Provide a Little Info About Your Claim
0 /
Email us or call now on freephone

01772 203303

FormCraft - WordPress form builder

Frequently Asked Legal Questions

Do you have questions about making a personal injury claim? Or want to discuss an accident at work? Consult our list on the various questions. We’re a Preston based solicitor and welcome local enquiries. 

We offer NO WIN NO FEE and a FREE legal consultation. So you don’t have to pay anything to speak to us. Just call, pop in to our office, or fill out the web form and we’ll contact you.

All we ask is that you explain your accident, and if we think there is a good chance of success we’ll take your case and offer you No Win No Fee.

What Is No Win No Fee?

A ‘No win, No Fee’ agreement, also known as a conditional fee agreement, entitles you to claim compensation without having to pay for legal representation. ‘No Win, No Fee’ basically means that in the unlikely event of the claim not being successful, your solicitor will not charge any fees.If you win your claim, your solicitor will earn their fees and usually a success fee (bonus) from the opposing party, typically an insurance company, and you will be awarded the full amount of compensation.

Any other costs for instance; medical fees, expenses or loss of earnings will also be paid by the losing party.

Do I have to pay legal fees?

We practice our legal cases based on the terms of a ‘no win no fee’ agreement. That means you pay nothing. There are no fees. You only pay a fee upon the successful completion of a case. If you lose a case, you pay nothing. It is our decision if we choose to take your claim so the risk is with us. We tend to accept taking on a case if we think it has a reasonable chance of success. At least 90% anyway.

Can I make a personal injury claim after 3 years?

No. You should get legal advice quickly if you want to claim compensation. The most common claim in a personal injury case is negligence at work or negligent driving, so the time limit is 3 years. Therefore, court proceedings must be issued within 3 years of you first being aware that you suffered injury.

I want to claim. I had an injury at work. Do I need to report it? 

Yes. If you don’t report it to your employer you cannot make a compensation claim. You should also visit your GP because once you do there is a medical record of your injury. If you don’t do these, a solicitor’s job will be more difficult. Make sure your employer has an accident book. If they don’t, write ithe accident details on a piece of paper, make a copy and give it them (have a witness). An employer that doesn’t have an accident book is already breaking the law.

How much Compensation can I get for an ankle injury?

That depends on how you injured your ankle. If the injury was in a road traffic accident, or you were a pedestrian, or fell in a public place, or you were injured at work, as long as the injury was not your fault you can claim. But not just for an ankle but wrist, hand, head, face, leg etc. The limits of compensation vary case by case depending on the injury. Approximate amounts can be from £1000 to much higher amounts for loss of limb such as £100K+.

It depends on the type of claim and injury. Each type of injury has its own complexities. Some cases are dealt with quickly in a matter of a few weeks but others can be several months or several years. However, you will know relatively quickly. Besides, we keep you informed every step of the way.

Do I have to attend the solicitor’s office?

At PHC Law, our door is always open. Our solicitors are always happy to help and support you throughout the claims process. You can make an appointment to see us; alternatively, we could visit you at home or work, whichever is convenient to you. If you prefer, we can handle your personal injury claim by phone, mail or via email so that you don’t need to make an unnecessary trip out if you don’t wish too.

Is your Injury claims office difficult to find?

No. We’re on one of the main roads out of Preston City centre. If you’re coming via J6 off the M6, turning onto Blackpool Road at the Hesketh’s Arm pub brings you to the Garstang Road junction, and we’re almost right on the corner opposite the beautiful Moor Park.
Of you’re travelling direct away from the bus station direction from the centre, on Garstang Road we’re on the left side, opposite Moor Park.
If you’re traveling from the north of the M6, via J32, you’ll get onto Garstang Road at the Broughton roundabout and head straight towards town – our office is then on the right, opposite Moor Park.