Call us free: 01772 203303


Catering Accident Claims

Our solicitors can help you get the money for your injuries quickly.

Had a catering industry accident?

If you or someone you know works in a restaurant, café or other commercial kitchen, you’ll know they can be a hectic environment.

Burns, cuts, slips and trips are all hazards of working in catering. Your employer is responsible for ensuring the environment you work in is safe, and for following health and safety laws to help prevent accidents.

Types of catering accidents

Common catering accidents include:

  • Slips and falls on wet or greasy floors
  • Collisions with equipment, boxes of produce or other kitchen items
  • Trips on loose or damaged tiles or uneven floors
  • Cuts or other injuries from glass, knives, abrasive surfaces or other sharp utensils
  • Burns from hot oil or boiling water

If you’ve had a catering accident

If you have had an accident or been injured while working in a catering environment, it can be an upsetting experience.

Depending on the injury, you might need time off work to recover, which can put a strain on your finances and add to your worries.

If the accident was in the last three years and it wasn’t your fault, you may be entitled to compensation. Personal injury compensation can help cover household bills whilst you are off work, pay for treatment like physiotherapy, or just provide financial security as you recover.

Whatever your reason for claiming, PHC Law’s team of specialist injury claims solicitors can help you get the compensation you deserve.

Find out how much compensation you can claim.

Who am I claiming compensation from?

This depends on the circumstances. Employers are required by law to have liability insurance for incidents just like this. So, if you were injured whilst working in a catering environment, your employer’s insurance should cover compensation. You won’t be claiming from an individual.

How do I claim?

If possible, you should seek legal advice as soon as possible after the accident if you want to claim compensation. The accident must have taken place in the last three years to claim, and you’ll need to prove it wasn’t your fault.

Contact PHC Law here or call us on 0800 612 7 612 today to speak to our friendly team and start your claim.

Once we have the details of your accident, a solicitor will give you information about your  potential claim, like how long it might take and how much you could receive. This consultation is confidential and free, and you’re under no obligation to go ahead with a claim even after speaking to us.

If you do decide to proceed, we will work to recover as much compensation as we can for your catering injury.

Contact us now

free consultation

Request a callback from one of our friendly team...